Tuesday, May 29, 2007

4 Spots, 1 Block, 1 hour











These spots are right across the street from my old apartment and all are literally around this one block. I've been wanting to go skate these for a while and thought it would be fun to hit them up one night trying to race the sun before it set.

First spot is this little flat rail, so much fun, but the problem is that you have to skate around the corner to hit it, so you have very little set up time to hit a smaller portion of the rail. Then the wall next to it is like razor sharp coral, so if you bail into it you come out bloody. I was stoked I got the nerve up to switch front board pretty fast, so I knew the rest of the hour would work out.

Next is my favorite 'Secret Ledge. It's a perfect bench with kind of rough ground. I used to skate it all the time, but security got to be a problem. I was just happy to get in and out before getting the boot.

The third spot was the low high ledge with the bush you have to pop out before. I wanted to K grind, but I could only manage the boardslide to fakie, before my legs turned to jelly.

The final spot is so much fun a natural bump along the sidewalk. Too bad the butt shot is the only one that came out, every ollie I did felt so fun. I could skate this thing for hours.

As I'm posting this I just remembered that there are 2 other small spots I left out, but I'm pretty stoked on what I was able to skate from 7 to 8 just before sunset.