Tuesday, December 8, 2009

The OJ Simpson of Skateboarding is back for Christmas!























































I was kind of shocked walking into a local skateshop and seeing the name of convicted murder "Gator" Mark Anthony once again selling skateboards? I did some further research and saw a little article about this at Skate and Annoy, where I noticed a reply from someone using the psuedonym 'amistakewasmade' who appears to be a Vision employee. The one thing that really irks me about his response is him saying "Actually, the board was suppose to just say Gator, because gator is a owned trademark" as if this makes it ok. Really? Your trademark raped and killed a woman, thanks for the lovely memories, scum sucking corporate assholes. They had been reissuing these with the word Original Vision, which I think is OK because like many skaters I grew up loving that graphic, but I think they really crossed the line by glorifying the name of a rapist and murderer on the board, even if that murderer happens to be a corporate trademark. The other question I have is who gets paid on these boards, Gator in prison?, Corporate Fat Cats? (my money's on them), or the Victim's family or a Womens shelter (where I believe all the profits from these boards should go).