Friday, June 15, 2007

Fav's - Scott Archer



I've know this kid, since he was a kid and got 3rd place in a Solid State Contest way back in the day. A great Skateboarder, Amazing Artist, and a True friend. Scott has been part of the Seven fold team since day one, and I can't imagine any of this happening with out him being such a great part of our family.

Here are your lucky 13 questions

Favorite thing to do in Calvert County -

Well, I was once stuck in that town for almost 21
years…Therefore, I seldom visit these days. There’s
some good scenery amongst the SUV driving suburbia
it’s become… My favorite spot to go hiking is Calvert
Cliffs. It’s right on the Chesapeake bay w/ some
really awesome views overlooking for miles.

Favorite Mike Holland Story –

Hmm, where to begin…even though we’re hardly
associated anymore there’s plenty I simply can’t tell.
One that sticks out in my mind the most was probably
the time I went to visit him in SF. Him and Danny
Gautimier were two hours late picking me up from the
airport... Apparently Danny was lost, and mike was
trying to fight every single person they’d ask for
directions…eventually they get to the airport and I
hop in the car. As we’re driving home mike proceeded
to strip down completely naked, shit himself, jerk
himself off, and throw a pair of shoes at Danny while
driving on a bridge. He’s blacked out drunk by the
way…We then get out on Market Street and he lays face
down naked on the sidewalk and just starts pissing
(laying in it too). Finally we get home, he whips his
dick out a few times rolls around on his bed and falls
asleep. Also the time he peed on little Danny’s head
was pretty classic. There’s just so many of em…

Favorite part about being in the 'tude army-

There’s no gimmick involved, everyone’s totally down
for skating and being themselves. Plus Little Danny’s
the new owner and he’s one of my favorite people to
skate with ever! Hopefully they’ll be in business for
another 16 years.

Favorite time fliming for What?! -

The whole time really, it was just a good time in my
life. I was still going to community college, living
with my parents, there just weren’t alot of
responsibilits or other obligations. We just filmed
each other mostly, so it rarely got stressful. Since
Zack is ‘artsy’ he was the best filmer…

Favorite Baltimore moment -

This past New Years Eve at the Talking Head was pretty
epic! It was there last show ever before the venue
shut down. Me and a few of my roomates/friends walked
4 miles there with beers in our hands. Finally we get
there, the place was packed with people doing coke,
smoking joints, eating pills, getting blacked out
drunk and even dumping trash cans on themselves while
naked and rolling around in broken glass screaming
‘get wet’. Oh yeah people were also throwing bar
stools out of windows, smashing walls, with
sledgehammers, and among other things. Around 2am one
of my favorite local bands went on: Vincent Black
Shadow. At this point I wasn’t exactly sober…I decided
to get on stage and ‘dive’ into the crowd only to fall
on a broken bottle. At first it was all fun and games,
I started bleeding all over stage, licking blood off
my hand and singing with the band. Once I step away
for a minute I realize I’m drenched in blood and
bleeding profusely…I then use paper towels from the
bar to make a turnicate of sorts to stop the bleeding.
I then manage to swindle the bar tender into giving me
free drinks for the rest of the night. So I had that
to make time of…Finally we walk 4 miles home at 4 am,
and some guy with a Pizza Boli’s box in his hand
threatens to shoot us. My hand didn’t heal for 1
month.

Favorite Dan Cherry cinematic classic?

Probably Open up Your Eyes. I was like 16-17 during
that time just skating everyday. I’d never drank, done
drugs, had girlfriends, injuries, or jobs. It was
awesome, I was just skating tons with my friends
learning new tricks everyday. I hadn’t felt jaded,
faded, bitter, broke and bald very much yet…

Favorite Chad Hall quote –

He’s now in Special OPS which means he could probably
murder me with his bare hands in like 2 seconds.
Rowell…I’m mouth of the south. He once said; ‘Chick’s
dig the Leo look’, while digging through his little
sisters magazine’s in search of a Leonardo Di’caprio
picture. He wanted to look like ‘Leo’ from that move
the Beach. This would mean he could get all the
chicks. Another time he told me I was un-American for
never seeing the movie Black Hawk Down. He also used
to bust nolle heelflip noseblunts like 6 years ago…

Favorite Nerve Center show –

Shit, they’ve all be awesome! Creating your own scene
and running it from your own house is possibly one of
the most rewarding feelings ever….If I had to pick one
I’d probably say it was the last big, big one we ever
had. It was with: Crypt of Raix, Dactyl, Trash Camp,
Each Other, and the New Flesh. Baltimore seriously has
the best underground music scene I’ve ever been
exposed to! All those bands are well worth checking
out… During ‘Each Other’s’ set there was nearly 100
people packed in that tiny ass room, literally crowd
surfing through out the entire house. With like 20
people having a sick mini ramp session in the
backyard. Also the second time they played ceiling
tiles got knocked out and we proceeded to bash them
over our friends heads. That was fun!

Favorite Road trip –

Tampa Flordia w/ Little Danny, Mike Holland, and Sam
Wientzen. The year was 2002, we barely skated and
partied like assholes the entire time. Beds were
burned, paintings were smashed, virginities were lost,
beds were pissed, tv’s were thrown of balconies,
mike’s car blew up on the ride home, we almost died a
couple times and a lot of other stuff I can’t really
mention.

Favorite person who has skated your ramp – Little
Danny definitely killed it the hardest so far.

Favorite reason to spend you life riding sevenfold
skateboards -

Because it’s a smaller based gimmick free,
anti-capitalist company hailing from MD. I’m good
friends with everyone who’s a part of it and looking
forward to the many oportunites and options of
expressing all of my creative outlets as one.

Favorite time at a Beast of the East contest –
Probably when we stayed at Little Danny’s trailer the
night before. We stayed up all night partying and I
think even everyone got to make out with
someone…Somehow I ended up getting forth place and
having nealy flawless runs. It was the best I’d ever
skated in a contest... Mike Holland on the other hand
got blacked out drunk in the parking lot and hit on
anything ‘female’ in sight. This included people’s
moms, little sisters, etc, etc. Also Little Danny’
beat the shit out of some kid w/ a broken arm in the
parking lot. It was definitely another one for the
books…

Favorite person to get last part in the next video –
Chris Opilla

bonus question * Favorite piece of art you have made –


Over the past 2 years nearly all the stuff I do is
mass-produced to one extent or the other…so I guess
I’d be eaiser to be more attatched to the stuff that
isn’t. Possibly this one collage thing I made
before…It’s basically this poster of a St. Paulie girl
I got for free from a liqour store. I spray painted a
puke green tint over it except for her eyes. In front
of her is the Baltimore city skyline cut out newspaper
spray painted black. Then there’s real dirt glued to
this pice with paper trees w/ real leaves then the
background is filled with text reading ‘we are the
second hand smoke of society’. Also it’s framed in
cigarate butts and tin foil, then enclosed in
plexi-glass. Either that one or this giant replica of
an Indy I welded in my metal fabrication class from 2
years ago. The best part is you can actually skate it!

-Scott

Links:


http://www.flickr.com/photos/75524380@N00/sets/72157600354213012/
Graphic Design

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75524380@N00/sets/72157600195566320/
Printmaking

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75524380@N00/sets/72157600353813811/
Fine Art

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75524380@N00/sets/72157600029229521/
The Nerve Center

http://www.flickr.com/photos/75524380@N00/sets/72157600028880296/
Photography