Thursday, September 11, 2008

500

500th post, When I started this thing a little over a year ago I didn't have a plan, I just felt like the only guy in my universe without a blog. First post was a simple spot check... it's funny that the second ever post (an article Scott wrote for the now defunct Flavor magazine) is most like the direction that we are heading moving forward. It was kind of a journal at first, self portraits of me skating by myself, basketball and my opinions. Originally I would use every 7th post to take a historic American quote and spin into an endorsement of Sevenfold Skateboards, that kind of faded away as the nation focused on the words of today's ambitious politicians. Late 2007 the blog began to finally take the proper shape of things to come, I opened up my vault of old footage over December dropping gifts all month long, even leading to the greatest post we never made (a text message sent in by a former Sevenfold team rider, maybe it will be revealed in the bonus section on the next dvd?kind of like his sack was in what?!...). Talking with shops and people in skateboarding everyday I began to realize that there was a need to put out content that we can not afford to buy in magazines, so the last couple months I have concentrated on the maturation of Skhateboarding, focusing on quality content, some news people should be aware of, still some inside jokes and opinions, regular features and a whole bunch of random skateboarding clips and photos. Happy Skating!