Friday, August 29, 2008

Gnarly Leg Bruise














Our Homey Ben from Fordham Films, was out filming with Zak Allegri, when this happened, he tells it best. Take care homey, get back on your board soon...

On Friday, I was skating Paul Revere with Zach. I pushed at the top of the bank, got some speed up, then dropped into the bank going pretty fast. At the bottom, I hit a rock, my board came to a stop, I tried to run it out going like 20 mph, had to run up the next step bank that I was going to skate up and my leg buckled. I thought I broke it at first, but after a couple moments I realized I didn't, but I knew I messsed it up. We had to hop the fence to skate this spot and I had to hop it with my bum leg again to get out. Zach had to drive my car home...haha. Later that night, it looked like I had a half of a grapefruit on the side of my leg, you could see if through my jeans and I don't wear those tight ones like certain dudes do these days. It was pretty much freakshow Ben. That swelling went away for the most part the next day I woke up and the colors started to come.

Last night (Tuesday), I got in the shower and I looked at my ankle and it looked super sprained. I was so pissed. I had no idea I messed it up. I guess the swelling went down around the knee area, letting the ankle finally swell up. Awesome! So, I have crutches and a pimp cane to get around. No skating for a couple of weeks for shizzle. If you want to see a pic of it, check the attachment. Mad bruises. I had it looked at and nothing is broken, just sprained. R.I.C.E. is how I have been rolling lately.

Cheers,
Ben